27 September, 2012

What's that word again?

I hate it when I'm writing an article and a word that I want to use is at the tip of my tongue. I know the meaning and how to use it but I can't, for the life of me, remember the word!

Home_Alone I feel like shouting, sometimes I end up asking someone to help me out. And most of the time, that someone is my son. Imagine how silly it must have looked (to him) when he was just 7 years old. He must be thinking, I thought my mom is smart!

I had to act out the word, explain what it means, give an example of a situation where that word can be used. It's like playing Pictionary. But totally different because I don't feel so good about myself when my son finally suggests a very simple word and I say, "Oh yeah, that's the word".

But he always makes me smile in the end because he pinch my cheek and gives me a kiss while saying, "You're getting so forgetful, Mama".

Have you ever been in this situation?

11 comments:

Gene said...

I know what you mean! Sadly I can't depend on my 3 year old daughter hahaha! Pahirap kasi it blocks your blogging mojo. If you can't think of that word, you can't move on into continuing the sentence.

Beauty Queen Gene said...

Always! I think my head is too crammed with code already that I always forget what to call stuff (ordinary, everyday stuff like toothbrush, mind you) or what I'm going to say. It's frustrating, to say at the very least. So yeah, I feel you girl :))

Kikay Corner said...

I know what you mean, it happens to me all the time! Ack! :)

Ane said...

That happens to me all the time too! But thank God I have a very eloquent husband who seems to always know what word I am searching for. :D

peachkins said...

That also happens to me..a lot! I think this is a sign of aging..hahaha

Mauie said...

Hay, a lot of times already. Nahahalata na ang edad, LOL!

Zoan said...

He is adorable and yes I have been into that kind of situation. Funny noh?

Maria Teresa said...

I can relate! I tend to forget some words when I have so many things on my mind, and my son will laugh at me telling me that I'm already a lola. Lol!

sigrid @ lovingly mama said...

In a different light lang ha, I just feel sad for Macaulay...tsk tsk. I just remembered him coz of the photo in your post. Sorry, totally unrelated. :(

Super Mommy Jem said...

Sometimes I am like and I just need to search online for the words.. Usually I have nobody at home to ask while I am working :)

Pepper Tan said...

I'm like that almost all the time! Now, I'm even thinking of the exact term for that! :). I guess it's because we have too much on our minds, that's why we have memory lapses :). And then, it hits us when we least expect it.

Related Posts with Thumbnails