The 2013 bar exam result is out and a new batch of Philippine lawyers, 1174 to be exact, are named. The country's state university, The University of the Philippines (UP), has reclaimed the top spot after almost a decade of waiting. The state university dominated this year's bar exam since 5 UP law graduates are included in the top 10.
Here's the complete list of the 2013 Philippine Bar Exam Top 10
- Nielson Pangan (85.8%) - University of the Philippines
- Mark Xavier D. Oyales (85.45%) – University of the Philippines Dianna Louise R. Wilwayco – (85.45%) Ateneo de Manila
- Rudy Ortea (84.2%) – University of Batangas
- Eden Catherine Mopia (84.05%) – University of the Philippines
- Tercel Maria Mercado-Gephart (83.9%) – University of San Carlos
- Manuel Sarausad (83.8%) – University of Cebu
- Katrine Suyat (83.75%) – San Beda College Manila
- Michael Tiu Jr (83.70%) – University of the Philippines
- Marjorie Ivory Fulgueras (83.65%) – Ateneo de Manila
- Cyril Arnesto (83.60%) – University of the Philippines
Among this year's bar passer is Nat King Coles (pronounced Co-les), a professor at the Eastern Samar State University. Although his name prompted netizens to make it trending on social media sites, he admittedly said that he can't sing like the legendary Nat King Cole.
The 2013 bar passers will take their oath as new Philippine lawyers at the Philippine International Convention Center (PICC) in Pasay City on April 28.