23 July, 2010

yummy cannelloni pasta dish

My son loves this yummy (and healthy!) dish and he doesn't know it's stuffed with veggies!

cannelloni pasta recipe
he's eating "yucky" carrots!

Do you also want to trick your child?

Here's what you should do.
1. Saute one minced onion, six cloaves minced garlic, 1/2 kilo ground chicken (or beef or pork-whichever your taste buds prefer) in butter and oil.
2. Add chopped sweet hamone large cubed carrot, one large cubed green bell pepper, one can corn kernel and one can stewed tomatoes.
3. Transfer the mixture in a container to cool down.
4. Using the same pan, combine one large can tomato sauce, one cup fresh milk (evap will also do) and grated cheese. Simmer for 5 minutes.
5. Stuff uncooked cannelloni pasta with veggie-meat mixture.
6. Pour 1/4 of the sauce mixture in a baking dish. Layer the cannellonis. Pour the rest of the sauce mixture. Top with grated cheese.
7. Bake in 160c preheated oven for 30 minutes.

I feel so victorious everytime I cook this for my son. But I also have to intensify my workout because I always end up eating 2-3 servings of this delish dish!

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails