23 July, 2010

bookish or bookworm?


adj. 1. Of, relating to, or resembling a book 2. Fond of books; studious 3. Relying chiefly on book learning: took a bookish rather than a pragmatic approach in solving the problem. 4. Pedantic; dull.  
bookworm

n. 1. One who spends much time reading or studying 2. Any of various insects, especially booklice and silverfish, that infest books and feed on the paste in the bindings
No, I don't think I resemble a book or any form of insect. And I definitely am not dull! I do admit that I am fond of books and spends my leisure time reading a good book. So, I guess you can call me a bookish and/or a bookworm.

Reading a book makes me forget my worries for the future and my problems at the present time. It's a wonderful avenue to learn new things as well.

Why don't you grab a book now and be a bookish slash a bookworm just like me.

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails