18 January, 2010

it's that time of the month again

My lower abdomen is so painful again. It's that time of the month when I have to endure dysmenorrhea for the first two to three days of my menstrual period. Why do I have to endure this tremendous pain every month. Maybe I should exercise more regularly. I should not just exercise when I feel like it, from now on I should exercise everyday.

I am not a big fan of pain relievers. Even when I was giving birth to my son, I didn't ask for a pain reliever right away unlike others who are regulars of the online site. I guess the monthly visits of dysmenorrhea helped me become used to severe abdominal pain. The contraction pain that I experienced while giving birth was just like the dysmenorrhea pain that I have every month.

I read somewhere online that pain relievers usually works by decreasing the brain's perception and response to pain. It also reduces the size or magnitude of the pain signal passed from one nerve to another. For the longest time already, I have survived the pain of dysmenorrhea every month. I don't need to buy prescription or even non-prescription dysmennorhea drugs eventhough the pain that I experience is so unbearable.

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails