27 November, 2012

On top of my to-do list

A few hours ago, I tweeted that I'm overwhelmed with so much things to do. I was on the boundary of getting crazily-stressed, that to me is a notch higher than stressed, on what I should put on top of my to-do list.

I wasn't able to do a single thing early this morning. Well I was able to go online, pay the bills, update some windows application, and that's about it. That's what I was able to do in 3hours. But those were not even included on the list of things-that's-stressing-me-out.

I went to sleep after that because I only had a total of 4hours of sleep the previous night.

I got woken up by a text message from the school bus operator. The bus got into an accident, good thing it happened 4hours after they dropped off my son in school. The driver died and the school bus mother is in the hospital.

This incident opened my eyes that I shouldn't sweat the small stuff. I should put the "100 blogpost backlogs" on my "small stuffs" list, do 1 or 2 important posts everyday and discard those blogpost backlogs that are not really that important.

To enjoy life is more important. I should therefore do the things that I enjoy doing or at least try (or force myself - mind over matter) to enjoy doing the important things that I should be doing.

So if you've been planning for years to learn how to play a mandolin, go ahead, put that on your to-do list now. Remember, important things should be on top of your list.

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails