21 April, 2011

writer's block?

I'm not a professional writer but I am very passionate with my blogging. There are days when I experience this thing called Writer's Block. Writer's block is a condition when an author can't produce new work. If you're a blogger like me, here are some ways that you can do before this horrible condition ruin your blogging career.

writer's block

Pictures - I take pictures of anything and everything. I don't leave the house without my point and shoot camera. As soon as I arrive home, all the "anything and everything" shots are downloaded in a folder especially dedicated for "blog pictures". When WB hits me, all I have to do is look at the pictures and an idea springs to life!

Wonder Wheel - When I can't think of anything to write, I usually use this Google feature. I first think of something related to my blog. Then I Google it. At the left side of the initial search query, I click on Wonder Wheel and voila! more related search term to the original search query. More Words=More Ideas.

Mirror - I have a full length mirror in my house. I stand in front of it and look for something fabulous about me. And the flaws as well. For example today, when I stood in front of the mirror, I noticed that I have dark circles under my eyes. I'll research how I can fix the problem and write about it on my health blog.

What about you? How do you fight your battle with WB?

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails