17 February, 2010

bore-away travel bag, do you have one?


School vacation starts next month. Yaay for me? For two or more months, I have to spend 24/7 with a child who gets bored easily? Hmmm. That is why, as early as now, I am already looking for vacation packages that includes discount airfare. My son has never travelled internationally before. Why? First of all, travelling internationally is a bit heavy in the pocket. Small kids would never remember the experience yet, so it would just be a waste of money. He has no memory at all of local travels that we had when he was younger. I myself will not enjoy most of the trip because I will waste my time worrying if my son is enjoying the vacation or is already bored. That's what we mom's do all the time. Worry for our child, right?

This time around, now that he's old enough to take care of himself and his things (I hope!), I will stuff the "bore-away" travel bag with things that can help him not get bored during the whole vacation. RJ, in case you don't know, is a very active child and sitting still is not included in his vocabulary.

Here's a partial list, I may put more and remove some, of the contents of the "bore-away-travel-bag".

1. Board Games. He's into chess at the moment so this will definitely take away some minutes (30 minutes I hope!) to his "I am bored" time.

2. Nintendo DSi. Will stuff the memory card with loads of games. Is this advisable to use on a plane though. Will check with the airline before finalizing my list.

3. Drawing book. Together with crayons and colored pens, in a few minutes he will finish the whole book with drawings. I should bring lots of blank drawing books.

4. Ipod. High School Musical songs will do the trick. He also like Beatles songs!

5. Healthy Snacks. Don't want to have a tummy-ache while on vacation.

6. Favorite Toy. I will ask him to choose 3 small-easy-to-carry toys. Not the wrestler toys that are so bulky.

That's it at the moment. Will try to find some more effective bore-me-not stuffs for RJ to bring on our trip.

3 comments:

Lee said...

Hi Lady, travelling with young kids can have its few hiccups, like how to keep them from getting bored, ha ha.
How about getting him a Rubic cube....?
Anyway, have fun, stay young and keep a song in your heart, best regards, Lee.

aMgiNe said...

a bore-away travel bag is really essential for kids that gets bored easily. my toddler is 2 years old and i feel that our bore away bag will get heavier in time as he grows older. hehe

erlyn of bluerlyn.com

Unknown said...

Have fun in your trip! I am sure it would be tiring but fun :P

Related Posts with Thumbnails