26 January, 2010

Rx: Minute Maid

I spent the last few days of 2009 and greeted 2010 with colds. It was accompanied by a terrible headache that left me bedridden the first few days of being sick. My sister, MG, bought a bottle of Minute Maid for me when she passed by the grocery store near our house.



My sister knows that I am not a big fan of water. And because I have colds, I need lots of fluid intake. Mineral, distilled or tap water, I'm sorry I just don't like the taste. Don't tell my son though, I require him to drink at least 8 glasses of water a day. My sister left the Minute Maid on the table when she arrived home.



The next thing that happened...



...they didn't stop until they finished every single drop of my Minute Maid. I am glad that they enjoyed drinking Minute Maid together.



Good thing my sister, MA, needs to go to the grocery store to do the weekly grocery shopping. I gave her a list of things we need in the house.



The first thing she did, after getting a shopping cart was go to the Minute Maid shelf.



I guess she went Minute Maid panic buying that day.



She even grabbed one from the freezer to drink on the way home.



Finally, I can now drink Minute Maid. With a bowl (big bowl, yikes!) of hot macaroni soup. Even when I am sick, I can still enjoy drinking Minute Maid.





After being sick for a few days...



...I am cold-and-headache-free. But that didn't stop me from drinking Minute Maid. Prevention is still better than cure. I enjoy drinking Minute Maid more when I am not sick.


What about you? Have you tasted Minute Maid already? If not, you are missing half of your life. Go and grab one now in a store near you.

27 comments:

Anonymous said...

i also love minute maid. get well soon! :P after drinking min. maid you have still have to drink water. it's too sweet for me. :)

Unknown said...

i love the pulpy orange. happy drinking =)

Unknown said...

too sweet.. that's the reason why i don't like minuted maid..

anyway, of all liquids, i love water the most.. next to that is a glass of cold 100% pure milk..^^

Laarni Lopez said...

i love minute made too! it's not too sweet for me like other orange drinks. the pulp is also a plus! thanks for posting this. i'm reminded that this is one beverage option i should take.

kendidata said...

i love minute maid as well. can drink 1L in one sitting =)

Debbie said...

Oh, I'm glad you got some after all!
Came over from SITS.

Anonymous said...

love the pulpy mango orange one. minute maid rocks!

Kate said...

Oh.my.WORD. Minute Maid orange juice is my most favourite thing to drink ever!! I love orange juice!

Glad that you're feeling better. Being sick sucks!

redamethyst said...

I love drinking minute maid also. Good thing but I like drinking lots of water as well. ^_^

Badet Siazon said...

Minute Maid is so refreshing too, one of the drinks I like because it's not too sweet.

ghee said...

good that you are now better.thanks to minute maid then!

i so miss drinking them...promise...

ghee
gentle and compassionate
akoni.info

Renz said...

refreshing/... ^_^

goodluck

Anonymous said...

Yup! I did, and it tastes good with the pulp.

Gene said...

It's the season to be sick, not that we have to celebrate that. I also drank Minute Maid when I was sick a few weeks back. I'm not really sure if it helps because I drank it cold, I am not really into drinking lukewarm drinks. It's either hot or cold.

gene + experiments

Esvimin Faelnar said...

nice concept!
Minute maid is really refreshing!=)

KINDLY VISIT MY PAGE TOO AND COMMENT FOR MY MINUTE MAID ENTRY:

http://cutestavenchloe.multiply.com/journal/item/47/When_do_you_refresh_with_Minute_Maid_Pulpy_Orange

http://cutestavenchloe.multiply.com/journal/item/46/HOW_TO_BEST_ENJOY_MINUTE_MAID

Dottie said...

my husband also loves Minute Maid! it's always on our grocery list...

Mommy Liz said...

Minute Maid is also a great tasting orange juice. I am glad it helped you get over your colds.

Ciela said...

Minute maid.. I have yet to try and drink one.

Ria said...

i hope you feel better :-) me too, im not a big fan of water! buti nalang may minute maid no! thanks for dropping by my post

mommytoalot said...

Mmmm I do love Minute maid
sure hope you are feeling better.
xx

BURAOT said...

well, it's a lot better than drinking soda.

chingoy, the great chef wannabe said...

minute maid one of my best loved drinks... btw, masarap din ang tropicana kasi luv ko si juday hahaha

Pouch said...

hehe. ang cute naman. =p googluck, girl! =p

Anonymous said...

Just brought home 3 bottles of Minute Maid :)

Anonymous said...

Cute naman! At ganda ng penmanship dun sa grocery list ha. :) i like! and minute maid is me and mom's fave din..

Lavender said...

haven't try this before. thank u for visiting me

Marice said...

aww love minute maid too :) great photos sissy!

Related Posts with Thumbnails